Head of the Russian delegation to the B20 summit, Member of the RSPP Board, President of Orion Heritage, Member of the B20 Task Force on Employment and Education Mr. David Iakobachvili participated in the meeting between global CEOs and Argentine President Mr. Mauricio Macri held in Buenos Aires on 4 October 2018.
During the meeting the B20 Task Forces` Chairs presented to Mr. Macri the B20 recommendations for the G20 leaders. Mr. David Iakobachvili talked about the global challenges and G20 opportunities to address them. In particular, he emphasized an importance of the G20 coherent actions to strengthen global trading system based on the WTO norms and rules as well as a need to adopt a new global social pact in which economic equality will be a base for the economic growth.
As President of the Argentine Republic emphasized, “Companies are important in the process of dialogue and consensus building. Global solutions require the commitment and action not only of governments but also of all the sectors of society, including the business community”.
The B20 recommendations of this year (in English) are presented in the 89-page document which is the fruit of several months of dialogue between over 1,700 business leaders from 740 companies and 260 employers’ organizations. The B20 recommendations focus on three main areas: promoting equal opportunities and inclusiveness, advancing economic growth, and ensuring the sustainable use of resources and actions to combat climate change. In line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, the document puts an emphasis on creating jobs and providing quality education, developing infrastructure, promoting an environment that fosters the creation and development of MSMEs, etc. The declaration concludes that “75% of the B20 proposed action plans are immediately implementable at national level, while the remaining 25% are meant to help making progress within multilateral forums.”
Mr. David Iakobachvili`s talking points (in English)